Stereotypical behavior is the mind’s way of coping with trauma, stress and boredom.
Chai's pacing is the mind's way of coping with stress, trauma and boredom. Science and compassion obligate us to release the elephants to a sanctuary.
- Bob Barker asks Seattle and WPZ to retire their surviving elephants
- Editorial: Learn from the death of zoo elephant Watoto, move remaining elephants
- Zoo Captivity and Lack of Monitoring are to Blame for Watoto’s Premature Death
- Seattle’s Global March for Elephants and Rhinos
- Article: The logical fallacy of zoo elephant captivity and conservation
Friends of Woodland Park Zoo Elephants is committed to the retirement of the two surviving elephants at Woodland Park Zoo to a sanctuary and to the closure of the live elephant exhibit at the zoo. The Zoo environment deprives the elephants of space, social interaction, and mental stimulation causing their physical and psychological deterioration. Learn More