Stereotypical behavior is the mind’s way of coping with trauma, stress and boredom.
Chai's pacing is the mind's way of coping with stress, trauma and boredom. Science and compassion obligate us to release the elephants to a sanctuary.
- Article: The logical fallacy of zoo elephant captivity and conservation
- Help wild elephant and rhinos: sign petition and donate
- Heartfelt plea to Portland Metro Council in Watoto’s memory
- Action Alert: Show City Council your commitment to retiring the two surviving elephants
- Zoo elephants: By penning them up, zoo is acting against nature
Friends of Woodland Park Zoo Elephants is committed to the retirement of the three elephants at Woodland Park Zoo to a sanctuary and to the closure of the live elephant exhibit at the zoo. The Zoo environment deprives the elephants of space, social interaction, and mental stimulation causing their physical and psychological deterioration. Learn More