Stereotypical behavior is the mind’s way of coping with trauma, stress and boredom.
Chai's pacing is the mind's way of coping with stress, trauma and boredom. Science and compassion obligate us to release the elephants to a sanctuary.See more videos
- Editorial: Time to move the Woodland Park Zoo’s elephants
- For Immediate Release: Zoo Fights a Taxpayer’s Lawsuit for Transparency What is our Zoo Hiding?
- Plenty of news coverage on the WPZ elephants
- Response to the Zoo’s captive elephant plan
- For Immediate Release: Friends and IDA Slam WPZ’s Plan For Elephant Program
Friends of Woodland Park Zoo Elephants is committed to the retirement of the three elephants at Woodland Park Zoo to a sanctuary and to the closure of the live elephant exhibit at the zoo. The Zoo environment deprives the elephants of space, social interaction, and mental stimulation causing their physical and psychological deterioration. Learn More